Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A haxxed 1st post

This first post is a hold over, and an official transition notice. Tonight I was blogging on Facebook, writing a really great post about Skins. Everything was fine, until I noticed that Facebook cut me off and deleted half my original post.

So I threw in the towel, broke down, and decided to start officially blogging.

I know a first post should be new content, but as they say in Skins, "F*%K it."  So here is a copy of what Facebook managed to save.  Oh, did I mention? I didnt rewrite anything. Yep, so sorry if you thought you were going to see an extended post. Nope.  Here ya go.

Mitchell Scott Hewer

So over the weekend, with lots of time to kill, I started (and finished) a show called Skins, which is a show aired in Britain (and available on Netflix Instant Watch).

At its core, Skins is a Teen Drama. Unlike USA Teen Dramas, however, Skins isnt afraid to explore issues that Americans would sue over showing on TV. S...kins is the show HBO or Showtime would make, if they were interested in creating one. I suppose Skins sort of reminds me of Degrassi, but Ive never really watched that show, so I cant really make that connection.... or compare them.... like I just did.

Anyways, after watching Skins, Ive kinda become obsessed with the show as a whole. The real reasons I like Skins take up more than Im willing to shell out in this small Facebook post, but a lot of it has to do with the core differences between what USA is willing to show and Skins shows. So I guess you could say what I became obsessed with over the weekend is Britain, and started rethinking how soon I wanna travel abroad...

 


After that, I started talking about my researching gay culture in Britain, how I wanted to post Maxxie, blah blah blah.

Can you tell I hate re-writing what was once there but was then erased? Yea, dont expect me to do a whole lotta edits.

Thats why I like blogging. Its a free-flow write-fest, and it all just comes out.

So basically, thats my first post. Lets see how it turned out in the preview!

Oooh! I like it, i like it! Now I just need to figure out how to edit font and stuff.... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment