Thursday, September 30, 2010

Notables 9/30/10

A few things about today.

1) That Office joke with the disposable camera? Seriously hilarious. A joke that only The Office could pull off with such plausibility. If you wanna watch it, go here and skip ahead of 2:38 to see what Im talking about. Maybe you wont laugh cuz you know its coming, but man, I laughed a lot.

2) Got called a fag in class yet again today, but this time it wasnt under whispered breath like normal. This time it was full-on, in my face, so the whole class could hear. And the students repeated their statement enough times to make it stick. Things like this shouldnt shake me, but Ill admit I was a bit shaken. And of course the mind twist to all this is that when shit like that happens, I go get my mom to handle it, since shes the disciplinarian of the school. Its like coming home from school and telling your mom that you got called a fag in class. Its just so bizarre and surreal that I had to walk into my moms office and tell her what just happened, especially when Im not the kind of person to typically share those kinds of things.

But this is what I signed up for, more or less. These are the toughest students in the whole district, the ones no other school wants in their building.

I guess its true what they say: Be careful what you wish for.  In college, I used to wonder what it would have been like if I had been harassed or teased about my sexual orientation in high school after I came out. I used to wish I could have gone to a Treatment Camp or something, just to see if I could tough it out with all the confidence I have now.

I guess Im not as strong as I thought.

3) Went out to dinner with my Dad to a new place where he can get gluten free pizza, and he really liked it!

4) Took the night off from my heavy exercise routine, since i couldnt even straighten my arms today, I was sooooooo sore everywhere. Ill pick up again tomorrow afternoon before I go to Denver.  I spent the evening watching all my shows, which was nice to just relax after a really busy week.

5) And finally - WHO THE HELL WAS THINKING AT APPLE when they stuffed the new TV with a version of iOS? I mean really! The thing has been out 3 days, and its already been jailbroken. I mean, come on Apple, you arent even trying anymore. I swear, its like you WANT us to jailbreak the damn thing.

PS, press Option-Shift-K on your Mac computer to create the  symbol. Rename your folders on your iPhone using iTunes, and suddenly you have the cool symbol on your iPhone. Hell, place it everywhere!

Ok, that was pretty much the highlights I can talk about today. Other stuff happened, but I dont think its my place to discuss it publicly. Enjoy the 1st of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment